HED Jet 6 Plus Rim Brake Clincher Wheelset
The wider footprint of the Plus rim gives a more natural air flow transition from a wider tire over the rim surface. The Jet shape and profile then utilize that flow as laminar pressure, propelling the wheel as the air slips past. Aero wheels have long been fast, but riding them could be tricky in 30 degree yaw angle winds, corners, or even in groups of cyclists. The Plus rim fully stabilizes the base of the wheel and tire, giving the rider a wider contact patch, but also keeping the wheel in place. This inspires confidence, and a confident rider goes faster, with a more assertive approach to cornering, descending, and simply riding at higher speeds.
The Jet 6 Plus is a fast, cost-effective performance wheel that is great for triathlon, time trials, road or criterium racing. The rims are carried with bladed steel spokes on HED's Sonic cartridge bearing hubset. The front wheel is laced radially with 18 spokes for a clean approach into the wind and excellent lateral stiffness, and the 24 spoke rear is laced 2x on both sides for excellent power transfer, lateral stiffness and vertical compliance. HED has even made the Plus rim tubeless ready, for those who prefer to run tubeless tires and sealant. Rim tape is provided and can be run with tubes or tubeless. Steel skewers and valve extenders are also included. The consistent braking surface is CNC aluminum alloy, so standard brake pads work best. HED recommends a minimum tire width of 22mm, but most people will run a 23-25mm tire to best take advantage of the Plus rim width. If you are looking for an affordable, minimal fuss, aerodynamically proven, stable, high performance wheelset, look no further than the HED Jet 6 Plus.
- Excellent wider rim, carbon fairing aero wheelset for tri, tt, road and crit racing
- 60mm rim depth slips through the air, carbon fairing bonded to aluminum Plus rims
- Plus rims feature 25mm external rim width, with a 20.7 internal width
- 700c Rims are tubeless ready, and wheelset includes tubeless rim tape
- HED Sonic hubset uses cardtridge bearings for smooth, serviceable use
- Bladed steel spokes: 18 front, 24 rear
- Braking surface is CNC alloy, use standard aluminum rim brake pads
- Hub compatibility: Shimano 9,10,11
- Steel skewers
- Weight: 1698 grams/ set
Please see photos for detailed specifications.
We ship within the USA and International.
For additional information or photos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (817) 251-0612.