Zipp 404 Firecrest Tubeless Rim Brake Carbon Wheels
Zipp’s legendary speed weapon, the 404 Firecrest, is better than ever. This go-to rim-brake wheelset is, for the first time, tubeless ready. That means you can run reduced tire pressure for reduced rolling resistance and increased cornering grip and compliance without the risk of pinch flats. This wheelset’s 58mm rim depth is a classic that has carried athletes to victory in every kind of event and situation – every triathlon distance, breakaways, field sprints and hilly finishes. Zipp’s ABLC™ Sawtooth™ Technology uses a complex dimpling pattern to improve aero efficiency. Zipp’s ShowStopper™ textured braking surface delivers unrivalled rim braking performance in wet or dry conditions. At the center of the 404 Firecrest Tubeless rim-brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German engineered ZR1. If you had to choose just one wheel for road riding and racing, the 404 Firecrest Tubeless is a savvy and speedy choice.
MODEL ID: WH-404-FTLR-A1
- Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- New ZR1 hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Built with Sapim CX Sprint J-bend spokes
- Tubeless ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower tire pressures
- All-around aero 58mm rim depth with proven crosswind stability
- ABLC Sawtooth™ dimple design helps manage air flow around the rim, and contributes to create a faster, more stable wheel
- Showstopper™ textured brake track delivers superior modulation and shortest stopping distances in wet and dry conditions
- XDR™ or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
- Ships with QR end caps, quick release skewers
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately
|RIM CONSTRUCTION||Carbon - w/Hooks|
|HUB||ZR1 Rim Brake|
|TIRE COMPATIBILITY||Tube-type or Tubeless tires|
|DRIVER BODY TYPE||SRAM XDR, SRAM/Shimano Road|
|RIM - INSIDE WIDTH||19mm|
|MAX RECOMMENDED SYSTEM WEIGHT||250lbs|
|MAX TIRE PRESSURE||125psi|
|RIM FINISH||UD fiber, adhesive decals|
|SPOKE LENGTH DS||242mm, 248mm|
|SPOKE LENGTH NDS||242mm, 252mm|
|WEIGHT BASED ON||Wheel set in lightest configuration: Quick Release axles and XDR body. No tape or valve included. Front: 734g Rear: 887g|
Please see photos for detailed specifications.
We ship within the USA and International.
For additional information or photos, please email email@example.com or call us at (817) 251-0612.